11.28.2010

Magazines: NeoGenesis Vol. 50, the GazettE - Uruha

Hi everyone!

Enjoy the interview! Expect the rest of the band members to be posted in the following weeks.

Also, don't be a jerk and plagiarize. If you find someone doing so, please contact us. We'll keep the whole thing anonymous. To be honest, making this plagiarize proof just makes us not want to do things like these, and it really makes us have to think of dumb ways to make it harder for you to read.

Interview was taken from magazine scans provided by rawkstarr23 at LiveJournal.com in the GazettE Daily Community. Header themes were made from screencaps from orishimeinoue posted at GazettE Media.

And, here we go...


Uruha as the one who always carefully looks things through. What sort of things does this man feel when it comes to the GazettE? We'll discuss his opinion on the philosophy of love and being “cool”, but we'll also have a deep investigation on his take on things.




Interviewer (I): What kind of things have brought tears to your eyes lately?

Uruha (U): Hm. Well, there's a rebroadcasting of “Hitsudan Hostess [Hostess who Communicates through Writing]”, which brought tears to my eyes. The protagonist is mute, so she decides to communicate with her clients by writing. Her becoming a hostess results in an argument and rift with her parents though. But even so, the protagonist survives into the present because of her mother's words when she was a child, “You can't speak, but you still must live on and survive as best as you can”, and it's with these words that the protagonist survives until the present. At the end, there's a parent/child reconciliation, and they hug. It's a pretty nice story.

I: Are you the type that is easily moved by dramas and movies?

U: Ah, it isn't quite like that. There just haven't been many good dramas that caught my attention...If it's interesting, even if I don't have a specific connection to that genre, I'll still watch it. Like, when I watched “Rookies”, it didn't really mean I liked baseball, but I've come to like the sport since watching the drama.

I: For you, Uruha, what's the difference between “love” and “passion”?

U: There are some big opinions on this, but for me, the feelings you have for your lover or spouse, applying the word “passion” is fine, right? “Love” is more the feeling you have for those who share the same blood?

I: Then the feelings for one's family is “love”?

U: Right. A lover is an existence, essentially a stranger, right?

I: So, unless it's for a family member who married in, love is different?

U: Ah, no, even if a person marries in, they're still essentially a stranger. If you make loose distinctions, that's what it comes out to be. Like, the image from American movies is, when something happens, people generally save the wife or kids first, right. For example, if I had to make an ultimate decision about choosing who to save between my wife and kids, would it be the kids? I've never been in a situation like that, so I don't really know myself.

I: That's a pretty harsh decision, eh. So, for you, Uruha, love is such that, even if you fight or argue, it's not something that will just break away.

U: Right. They say that even if there's a divorce, the kids are still bound to their parents by DNA, but after separating from the wife, as time passes, the wife becomes a stranger. That's the difference, right?

I: Somehow, it seems like you aren't the type that thinks much of romantic love much, eh.

I: Ah, no, that isn't quite it. Saying “I love you” to a lover is normal, that's to say, I think it's a natural feeling to have, but I kind of wonder about the phrase, “I love you” when it comes to passion. It seems like there's a wall that can't be climbed and crossed between you and your lover, and then you have to swear to eternal love in that kind of a situation with that sort of a walled-off limit or restraint. The feeling of being together with someone is beautiful—there's no doubt about that—but then there's also that feeling of some sort of misrepresentation that's still there (laugh). But then again, without this sort of thing, there wouldn't be any kids being born.

I: That's a really thorough view of things, huh.

U: It's a pretty deceptive life, isn't it, the lives led by humans (laugh). Don't animals lead cooler and simpler lives? This sort of thing and deep thinking is something only humans do, eh. But that's also where the good lies in being human.



I: Are you a person who gets lonely easily?

U: Hmmm, I've always been by myself, so I'm not particularly worried about that.

I: When you think,“I wonder who's free”, who comes to mind?

U: It depends on my mood. It isn't like I'm the type that can't put up with myself. That's just how you have to live your life (laugh). Once in a while, people say, “It's hard being by yourself”, but I don't really get how.

I: Well, when you're by yourself on tour, what kind of things do you do for fun?

U: Playing on my PC and games and stuff, and after wards, going out to eat as much of the local specialties as I can.

I: Do you eat by yourself too?

U: Ah, no. Usually, I go with somebody. If I get hungry in the middle of the night, I do go by myself. It's on a case-by-case basis.



I: What's the band's dream?

U: Since all 5 of us have thoughts of our own, I'm sure we don't have only one dream. Everyone has their own dreams, and, right now, the place where all our dreams crossover and intersect is Tokyo Dome. I think, with the Dome, the entire band's dream has taken form, and it's beginning to be realized.

I: What's your own dream, Uruha? For example, your ideal image of the band and so on.

U: In terms of dreams, to be realistic, we're a band that wants to increase our visibility, but we've always been aiming for the top and have to rely on our energy to keep moving ...but, really, we just purely want to have fun making songs, and we just want to do it like we want to do it. I think it's no good anywhere if there isn't that kind of a balance. If you're doing something you don't want to do in order to increase visibility, maybe you might get something out of it, but then you just end up digging a hole for yourself. It can't be helped that we live in a competitive society, but, honestly, it isn't interesting if you do nothing but compete.

I: Like with hit charts.

U: Right. It's good to get 1st place 1 time. Because you've reached a delicate position, and you might not have reached it otherwise, you want the experience to be fun, right.

I: I see. Right now, you're in that period.

U: I wouldn't change anything just because we're in 1st though. It's only 1st for that particular week.



I: Right now, is there something you want to destroy?

U: I don't have anything I want to destroy. A lot of things are already being destroyed.

I: Eh? Like what?

U: Amps and stuff (laugh). It's not even funny how many times those things break, so I don't want to destroy anything.

I: So, as expected, for the tours, equipment-related issues are the most troublesome?

U: That's right. Being able to do a live with the best conditions would really be the ultimate happiness. Instruments, outfits, makeup, where all the factors are perfect—that sort of a live hasn't happened once.

I: I see.

U: Even the illuminations for the monitor—I don't want anything to break (laugh).



I: What're the things you're trying to control right now?

U: My physical condition. I stretch completely. In addition to that, things like my diet.

I: Reita-kun's swearing off the hamburger though.

U: I'm not a kid like him (laugh). For now, I drink tomato juice and stuff when I wake up in the every morning. I think having lycopene makes your blood flow. Like, when the blood flow is bad, your body also stiffens up easily. I want to reduce the burden on my body as much as possible.



I: Are there any memories you can't let go of?

U: There're a lot of different ones

I: Like where you were brought to during your childhood, etc.

U: Ah, I have a really distinct memory of almost drowning at sea. I think it was around the time when I was on the verge of entering kindergarten, but I was going with my family to go play in the sea...

I: And it wasn't the right time to swim?

U: My older sister and I wanted to see what a rubber raft was like, so we took it out to the open sea, but then the raft capsized. My sister could swim, but I was the only one drowning, and I was super scared. I remember the scene of my dad saving me.

-END-

29 comments:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Chee, GazettE Support GER, the GazettE Greece, Phipy, もう一度 and others. もう一度 said: [※] http://bit.ly/eRI4UQ Mag Interview translation, NeoGenesis 50, The GazettE - Uruha, More to come in following weeks. Enjoy (*^^)v [...]

GOOD !
it's good, thanx for the translation !
:3

Thank you so much for this interview!! *O*

Woah, I had no ideia you had this blog!
Thank you a lot! I really love reading Uruha's interviews, he always seems to have a lot to say about any subject.
Though I don't think I agree with what he said about love and passion.I think a couple needs both love and passion, otherwise once the passion dies down, the relationship would be over.I think it's very possible to love someone that isn't connected by blood to you.
And as always, Uruha's a health freak!Hahaha.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much!! :)) Uruha really have deep thinking about world isn't he? ><

YAY! Thank yooou~~~ I"m talking to you RIGHT NOW but I'm leaving a comment!

Uruha~ I appreciate your honesty in your answers *-*

Thank you so much for sharing this.

This is AWESOME!! Uruha's view of love is very interesting...

thank you so much for translating!
Uruha seems to be a very interesting and unique person xD

I never got impression that he is realist person...
yes, rookies is definitely nice drama!

Thanks for translating this...

thank you for translating!

A lover is an existence, essentially a stranger, right?

RIGHT! :)

It can’t be helped that we live in a competitive society, but, honestly, it isn’t interesting if you do nothing but compete.

DITTO :)

For now, I drink tomato juice and stuff when I wake up in the every morning.

SOMEONE's GETTING OLD LOLJK :)

THIS is why i love him ♥

what year is this? im thinking its this year but to be sure please tell me??

Uruha, i love you as a sister but im not related, please still accept my affection! <3

NeoGenesis Vol 50 is from 2010 (just a few months ago, I believe)

Thank you so much for translating, I'm following you on Twitter. I hope you can translate Uruha's Black Moral Book interview. Please please pleeease? ^3^

It almost sounds like he really doesn't understand love. Or maybe he really hasn't had someone in his life the he Loves" romantically at least I have read some his other interviews and when asked about love he talks more about family and pets then girls friends he had. he always seems like he is not really sure. He keeps say right? almost like he asking does that make sence or is that correct.

It almost sounds like he really doesn't understand love. Or maybe he really hasn't had someone in his life the he Loves" romantically at least I have read some his other interviews and when asked about love he talks more about family and pets then girls friends he had. he always seems like he is not really sure. He keeps say right? almost like he asking does that make sence or is that correct.

what year is this? im thinking its this year but to be sure please tell me??

Uruha, i love you as a sister but im not related, please still accept my affection! <3

YAY! Thank yooou~~~ I"m talking to you RIGHT NOW but I'm leaving a comment!

Uruha~ I appreciate your honesty in your answers *-*

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Thank you so much!! :)) Uruha really have deep thinking about world isn't he? ><

Woah, I had no ideia you had this blog!
Thank you a lot! I really love reading Uruha's interviews, he always seems to have a lot to say about any subject.
Though I don't think I agree with what he said about love and passion.I think a couple needs both love and passion, otherwise once the passion dies down, the relationship would be over.I think it's very possible to love someone that isn't connected by blood to you.
And as always, Uruha's a health freak!Hahaha.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for this interview!! *O*

GOOD !
it's good, thanx for the translation !
:3

Uruha's view on passion and love is very thorough indeed,I can agree with him in a way,but I guess the meaning differs depending on the person.

Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for translating all of the interviews from NeoGenesis Vol 50~
I really enjoyed reading them all and learning more about the members^^ Some really sweet and lovely thoughts.

Your translating is very smooth and so readable for anyone who visits. Thanks a lot for your hardwork^^

Wow, thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment!! We're really glad people read our stuff (and tell us haha), so readers like you totally make the work worth it!

Thank you for commenting!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...