12.31.2010

New Year Special! Magazines: Rock and Read feat. Aoi from the GazettE

もう一度の皆様、
あけましておめでとうございます♪
(*´∀`)o∠☆゚+。*゚PAN!!★゚+。*゚
やった、2011年が来たぜッ!

Dear everyone at Mou Ichido,

Happy New Year! Finally year 2011 has arrived! Yay!

Hope everyone's enjoying the festive season, good food, parties and all that good stuff!

As a little something for everyone, I decided to translate the Rock & Read issue 04 featuring the great Aoi-sama (laughs). Um...I'm sorry was that too enthusiastic of me? Sorry-sorry ( ゚┌・・ ゚)

It's an older interview and I originally started translating it last year but lost the motivation to finish it. I was cleaning out my files when found it, and I was really disgusted at how poorly I had translated it. Therefore I'm giving it another go!

This interview is a personal favourite of mine and it really tells you a lot about Aoi and what kind of kid he was back then. It's quite a long interview, so I'm splitting it in parts, this will be the first part of many other parts to come.

Alright I won't bore you with my babble any longer, I bet you all are dying to read it ( ^∀^ )

On with the interview!

Enjoy♪


Part I

(A) for Aoi
(I) for Interviewer

Hating to lose

Baseball, kendo, soccer, bike racing, surfing…

Based on Aoi’s calm present appearance, it’s hard to imagine that he was a very active teenager.

Not wanting to lose to others, he put his whole heart into striving to be the top of what he did.

The kinds of things that Aoi wanted to do was play guitar and to meet a band that he will follow for half a life time.


But nothing much has changed. Aoi still hates it if he's not good at the things he wants to be good at and still doesn't want to lose to other people. On a personal level, there's the impression of Aoi being the most sensitive person in the GazettE.

I think that it could be the influence of the environment that Aoi was raised in.

To start off, let's ask how many people are in his family.

A: Dad, mom, older sister, older brother and then me.

I: You're the youngest? Oh~I wasn't expecting that!

A: Yup, and everyone in the band is the youngest child in their family. We're like the “baby” of the family group (laughs)

I: I didn't know that! What does kind of job does your dad do?

A: He's just a typical salary-man and my mom also worked part time...so we're a typical ordinary family.

I: What's the age gap between your older sister and older brother?

A: There's quite a gap between us. My sister is 10 years older and my brother is 6 years older. It was like by the time I was a kid they were already much older.

I: With siblings of an age gap that big, don't you get more attention and babied more by everyone?

A: It depends, kind of like a day-to-day basis type of situation. When they weren't nice to me, then they absolutely weren't, but when they were, they were really nice to me--that sort of a situation.

I: Since you and your sister are 10 years apart, didn't it feel like she was your second mom?

A: She does! I mean, even until today she still talks about changing my diapers. Also, I used to tag along when she went out on dates. Since she was still a high school student during that time, the grannies in her boyfriend's neighbourhood said things like “Oh my god! She has a kid already!?”. I guess I've left that kind of impression.

I: Did you tag along intentionally?

A: Yup

I: You really liked your sister didn’t you?

A: No, not really, it was more like I wanted to go to her boyfriend’s house. Since it wasn’t my own home, I was really curious and there were a lot of things there.

I: Well speaking of that, where were you born and raised?

A: That would be a town along the coastlines of Mie Prefecture. A fishing village! Yup, that's the kind of place I'm from.  I wanted to leave my hometown from early on, but the timing was never right...and so I lived there till I was about 20 years old.

I: How did you spend your time in your hometown as a kid?

A: I played a lot outside when I was little, I started swimming around April.

I: It seems quite cold during April in Mie.

A: It was pretty cold but it didn't matter (laughs)

I: You had a lot of energy then (laughs)

A: Yes, I did (laughs). Anyways, I played a lot at the sea and also went fishing. Actually you're not supposed to hang around the tetra pods but I did it anyways...up to middle school I kept hanging out by the sea (laughs). That's why for afternoon snacks I inevitably had seafood. After coming back home from school, I'd change into my swimming trunks and would go swimming in the sea with everyone. We also did things like catch turban shells and sea urchins then climbed onto the tetra pods and opened them for our afternoon snacks.

I: What about sashimi!?

A: Ah, we ate sashimi as it was. (laughs)

Manager: No way! You're lying!

A: I'm not! It's the truth!

Manager: But afternoon snacks are things that your mom prepares for you right?

A: No~snacks are hard to come by! That's why if there were snacks like cakes in my house the immediate reaction would be “There are cakes in the house!?”, yeah that sort of thing would only happen in the world of Doraemon. I'm serious here!

I: Your afternoon snacks are the seafood you caught yourself then (laughs)

A: Yes! And so that makes me the best skin diver[*] in the visual kei industry, don't you think?

[*] Skin diving! I guess this is how Aoi might look like? (●´艸`)

(Bursts out laughing)

A: Seriously! I'm confident in my skin diving! You have to get in through the gaps of the rocks when collecting turban shells, and then you have to push out through the seaweed after that to get out of the gaps!
I tried to compete with everyone. I brought those orange nets with me, and put the turban shells and sea urchins I collected into the net. The old gramps and grannies there used leftover nets fishermen used to make their bags. I was envious because theirs was in the shape of a hand pouch (laughs). I remember saying things like “I want something like that!” (laughs)

[End Part I]

That's it for part 1! I hope you guys liked it!

So all you Aoi fans out there, what do you think of Aoi as a kid?

Please share your thoughts with us in the comment section! Stay tuned for more!

34 comments:

Thank you for your hard work as always, and よろしくお願いします for the year to come! m(_ _)m

I can totally imagine Aoi as a little kid now--how cute!
To think that he'd tag along with his sister is really cute too. I wonder what his relationship with his brother is like...I don't have a brother so I don't know what it's like.

As for his later years in childhood, I knew he surfed, but imagining him diving and stuff is hilarious. xD This star-like aura and glamorous personality that he has now clashes a little with his past, and yet the only thread the two have in common is how he doesn't want to lose to anyone...

Even now I think he's a kid at heart...or rather...simple minded when it comes to competition. xD He can't lose to others, and so he'll win. That kind of thing.

Thanks again for the translation, and I hope to see the second part soon! I like interviews like this one that talk about their past. XDDDD

Ah~ Aoi is everything I would expect him to be...
cock blocker
show off
spoiled

XD everything that emulates from him now is how I expected him to be back then. :D People dont change, they just grow...
Thank you for the info~ :D

はいはい~~~(●^o^●)よろしくなぁぁぁぁぁ

*Gasp! Aoi was an active kid!? and till now too but of course, he's just too busy with the band or something...

Anyway, I never knew he liked to swim! But when it comes to sea then, danger can be sense easily, if you know what I mean? guess you don't...you'll know it sooner or later.

Well, guess his past was something he'll be missing a lot since he can't do anything like that again *I mean rarely*. Oh well, It was a worth teenager time of his life..

It was kinda funny though, their age gap. LOL. Anyway, thanks for sharing. I don't like it, I LOVED it!! thank you~

The things I learn about my favorite band member :)

I can kind of see him as the youngest. He is angsty at times like my brother...

Thanks so much for translating and Happy New Year!!

I am waiting for the next part! :)

thank you for translating *.*

ooooooi...following her sister on her date...what an evil kid xD but it was fun to see those grannies like "oh god she has a kid" xDDD

Thank you for translating this
Ah...I find it believable that Aoi-san would be like this when he was little
hahah I bet he still has that much energy even today
It looks like he has a charm since he was born ( ^ O ^ )

Happy New Year!

OH WOW!!! This was wonderful!!! Thank you so much!
It feels like a gorgeous present asdfgfghgfds!!!<3333

I didn't really consider Aoi as my favorite because all I happened to read in interviews were him acting like a spoiled child and/or being secretive :/
But recently I've started to change my mind <33

Looking forward to the next parts!

oh sorry.. I didn't notice I replied to you >.> , hope you don't mind!

By the way, I like your conclusions to the interview! xDD

omg...FINALLY someone translated this interview. I remember I requested a translation of this years ago but it was never done until NOW so thank you so much.

\“Oh my god! She has a kid already!?”\
Lol. Awesome Aoi xD

Thank you so much~!
I love how he was so eager sounding to talk about his swimming :3

Thank you so much ! This is such a lovely interview. Yes, I totally agree this would tell how he becomes our Aoi Sama as today. His childhoods is very different from what he is seen now, but I believe it still exists there inside him, and that has made him very Aoi - sentimental, yet adventurous and ambitious. Can't wait to read the next part!
This is such a good start for my new year! I love this indeed!
Million thankssss......

LMFAO. If the first part of this interview was this amusing, then I can't wait for the rest!

lol, what an annoying child. :3

Thank you!

Aahaha! No, it's fine. I didn't get any e-mail notifications so I didn't notice till now. I read other people's comments too to see what they think. :D

And thank you! XD hahahha, he was such a silly kid when he was younger...

What an interesting childhood Aoi had! Must be so wonderful to live and interact close to the seaside everyday..

Thank you for translating, it was fun to read! ^^

Ahaha the mental image of Aoi skin diving. lol

I always though you had to have an account to comment here so now that I know otherwise I gotta say, thank you for all your hard work translating. ^^ I mean, honestly if I could afford to I would get ya's something just to say thank you on behalf of everyone.

thank you for the translation! .. there is something very touching and endearing about reading of Aoi as a young lad living in the coastal region.. I already heard he was from Mie and all and that he surfed ..but hearing about his childhood from his own mouth feels great~ oh i can imagine him perfectly ^~^
And he is talking about a time he had no idea he would be the guitarist of a band like GazettE ...it warms me up inside to think of that ~ how unexpected turns come up in life.

Aoi-san is really a nice , hearty guy ~ I hope he has an amazing new year .. and a Happy new year to you to ^^ !

Aw thanks~ but no worries! It's the thought that counts!

Happy New Year!

hehehe. MY GUESS WAS RIGHT. he is really a kid from a fishing village.
i'm imagining how he does skin diving and stuffs :D

Oh my Aoi!!! little devil!

i'd love to see him skin diving!!!! XD *nosebleeds*

Thank you for this new year's present and happy new year yourself!!

I just saw this!
This is so endearing to me...Aoi always seems so happy when he talks about Mie and his childhood.I smiled throughout the whole thing.^^ I find it very interesting because my childhood was totally different from that.Every time I read an interview where he talks about growing up being able to go swimming everyday, catching shellfish and stuff like that it makes me wonder how it would be like to grow up in such an environment.
I've always found it amusing that everyone in the GazettE are the youngest ones in their families.Maybe that's why they seem like brats sometimes.lol

Thank you a lot as always, and I'm looking forward to the next part!

since aoi was born on 20 january and i'm on 23 january, i feel that aoi have same attitude and behaviours like me. :) even though i wasn't born in same day, i was glad i have same attitude like him haha, most of them, anyway thanx 4 da translation

hahaha Aoi, is so shy, but he was so badass XD

deym, aoi-san is so cute as a kid.
intentionally, tagging along with her sister...nyahaha...

deym, aoi-san is so cute as a kid.
intentionally, tagging along with her sister...nyahaha...

LMFAO. If the first part of this interview was this amusing, then I can't wait for the rest!

lol, what an annoying child. :3

Thank you!

omg...FINALLY someone translated this interview. I remember I requested a translation of this years ago but it was never done until NOW so thank you so much.

thank you for the translation! .. there is something very touching and endearing about reading of Aoi as a young lad living in the coastal region.. I already heard he was from Mie and all and that he surfed ..but hearing about his childhood from his own mouth feels great~ oh i can imagine him perfectly ^~^
And he is talking about a time he had no idea he would be the guitarist of a band like GazettE ...it warms me up inside to think of that ~ how unexpected turns come up in life.

Aoi-san is really a nice , hearty guy ~ I hope he has an amazing new year .. and a Happy new year to you to ^^ !

Ahaha the mental image of Aoi skin diving. lol

I always though you had to have an account to comment here so now that I know otherwise I gotta say, thank you for all your hard work translating. ^^ I mean, honestly if I could afford to I would get ya's something just to say thank you on behalf of everyone.

はいはい~~~(●^o^●)よろしくなぁぁぁぁぁ

Ah~ Aoi is everything I would expect him to be...
cock blocker
show off
spoiled

XD everything that emulates from him now is how I expected him to be back then. :D People dont change, they just grow...
Thank you for the info~ :D

Aoi used to dive and surf? That makes him a hunk then hahahaha

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...